NCS Guidance Team is responsible to coordinate relating matters on the support for non-Chinese speaking (NCS) students.
Orientation for Pre-S1 NCS students
Support on learning in Chinese Language
- Knowing about the language ability and the learning situation in primary school of Pre-S1 NCS students during the meeting on S1 Registration Day.
- Organizing 'Summer Bridging Programme on Chinese Language' for Pre-S1 NCS students.
- Monitoring student performance in Pre-S1 Attainment Test and School-based Chinese Assessment and making appropriate adaptation in the curriculum for Pre-S1 NCS students.
- Applying the same criteria on class allocation for NCS students with Chinese language ability comparable to mainstream students. Those who need additional support on Chinese language would be allocated to classes using English as medium in more subjects.
Creating an inclusive learning environment
- Arranging pull-out learning in Chinese Language and Chinese History for those NCS students in need and adopting a school-based Chinese Language curriculum as well as adapted learning and teaching materials.
- Preparing English learning and assessment materials for NCS students in other subjects using Chinese as medium.
- Recruiting Teaching Assistant(s) / Supporting Teacher(s) to provide after-lesson support for NCS students and to assist them in learning in Chinese Language.
- Preparing NCS students to sit in GCSE or IGCSE Chinese in the long term.
Promoting home-school cooperation with parents of NCS students
- Issuing major school circulars and delivering important matters on school webpage in bilingual mode.
- Organizing fun activities for NCS students to strengthen their understanding towards Hongkong lifestyle and Chinese culture and history as well as to promote cultural integration in school.
- Arranging Parents' Gatherings to deliver information on school policies as well as further studies and career pursuits for their children.
- Discussing the learning progress of NCS students with their parents on a regular basis.